FAQs for New Infospectrum Clients
- Can I have a free sample (Counterparty Risk Appraisal Report & Ratings) on a company of my choosing?
Typically, we do not provide specific Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings as free samples. However, we are happy to review requests on a case-by-case basis and may provide free materials to those considering our Open Access or Download packages.
- Do you offer free trial access to your Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings or The Databank?
No. We offer free generic sample reports that will demonstrate the extent of the information and analysis our standard Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings product can provide.
- Do you offer a free trial of the Sirius Sanctions Search Platform?
Yes, you can try our Sirius Sanctions Search Platform for up to 3 days, free of charge.
- Do you offer a free trial of the Infospectrum Counterparty Management System (ICMS)?
No. Please note that the ICMS solution is only available to our Open Access clients. However, we would be happy to provide live demonstrations of any/all elements included in the Open Access package, including ICMS.
- How quickly can you produce a new report for me?
This depends on several factors, but the fastest delivery service we offer equates to a 'Same Day' basis. At the point of your placing an order, we will confirm the expected delivery timeframe.
- How do I set up an account?
Firstly, please register with us here. When entering your details, you should provide the full legal name of your company, plus your personal business email address (as opposed to a Gmail or Yahoo address, or a shared address, such as “chartering@” or “compliance@”, etc.).
If you experience technical difficulties in using the above online registration link, please download a registration from here: Download Registration Form and email the completed form to: email@example.com.
- Why do you need more information about my company's shareholders and UBO(s) in order to set up my account?
For onboarding compliance reasons, we may request supporting documents in order to proceed with setting up your account. We will advise as appropriate if anything further is required.
- Why do I need to pay up-front for my first order?
We request an up-front payment for only the first order from any new client. This can made be via credit card payment link (the fastest option) or via a direct bank transfer (please allow up to two days for processing). Upon safe receipt of funds, we can issue an existing report or start work on a new report for you. Once your first order is fulfilled, we can issue invoices in line with usage on a month-by-month basis, with payment required within standard invoicing terms.
- When will I get my access login?
Once your first order is fulfilled, we can set up a login that enables you to download existing Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings products and order new reports directly from the online Infospectrum Portal. Note, however, that we do not provide such access for certain clients, such as those with legal and brokerage remits.
- Can I use an Application Programming Interface (API) to connect ICMS with my company’s internal systems?
We do not offer APIs for ICMS by default. ICMS data can be exported in a variety of ways and formats for use within your in-house systems. We also have an internal systems development team and can consider bespoke development (costs may apply) to tailor interface dashboards or specific data integration according to your company’s requirements.
- Can I share a report with another party?
Please note that as per Infospectrum’s Conditions of Supply, our Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings products are supplied strictly for use within your company only. They are not to be shared with external parties, in part or in full, without Infospectrum's prior explicit written consent. To apply for such consent, you will need to confirm the specific report you wish to share, along with the full legal name of the company you wish to share it with, plus the name and contact details of the person that would be receiving the report. We will then revert as appropriate.
- Can I see a copy of my company’s Counterparty Risk Appraisal Report & Ratings?
Depending on a few internal factors, and at Infospectrum’s discretion, yes. If provision of the report is approved, you will have two options: i) you can purchase a full copy of the report, or ii) if we are supplying the report free of charge to you, we will remove its Rating and Assessment section, and it will be watermarked to highlight that unauthorised dissemination is strictly prohibited.
- Can I request appropriate amendments be made to the content of a report?
Please detail your request via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will revert to advise as appropriate.
- Why can’t I use a standard Counterparty Risk Appraisal Report & Ratings product from The Databank in relation to a claim?
Infospectrum’s standard Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings are prepared specifically for counterparty risk appraisal due diligence and compliance purposes, and as such are unsuitable for, and are not to be used in relation to, claims or potential legal actions. If you need information to support legal requirements, you can email an outline of the situation, along with the specific information you need, to our Investigations team (email@example.com) and we will quickly respond as appropriate.
- What information do I need to provide to commission a new report?
- The full legal name of the company to be reported on
- Its trading and/or registered address and telephone number
- Your target deadline for receiving the report
- Confirmation as to whether our Analysts may release your company’s name to the management of the subject company (sometimes, identifying our client can encourage the subject company’s management to provide information)
- Confirmation of the background for the enquiry (for example, whether the report is needed to review the extension of unsecured credit, to support chartering pre-fixture due diligence, to support a commodity trade credit/risk/compliance decision, to support a vessel sale/purchase, or to support a claim/potential legal action)
- Details of any PICs/contacts you have at the subject company
- Any other useful supporting information (such as fixture lists, trade reference contacts, company presentations/profile brochures, etc.).
- Can Infospectrum (or the Sirius Sanctions Search Platform ) carry out batch sanctions and/or scheduled sanctions checking?
We can provide batch and/or scheduled sanctions screening for you.
The Sirius Sanctions Search Platform does not currently include such functionality, but developments are underway to facilitate this. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more.
- What information sources do your Analysts utilise in the course of their research?
Our Analysts utilise a wide range of research tools and resources, including public, private and subscription-based information and intelligence sources, as well as official regional registries. In addition, our team benefits from access to Infospectrum’s own internal information gathered over time (120,000+ records gathered over the course of 20+ years), plus a global network of well-placed and trusted market contacts, and other connections to the market. Our team will also engage directly with the management of subject companies and their counterparties to obtain input from their side.
- How does Infospectrum rate a company?
Infospectrum’s unique and proprietary methodology combines human intelligence with data-centric research to comprehensively conduct counterparty due diligence on a real-time basis. For more information on our methodology, please visit the Ratings and Assessment section of our website, found on the Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings page.
- How often does Infospectrum update its reports?
Infospectrum’s Analyst team closely follows material market and corporate changes and monitors credit events, but our service is demand driven, so we only update reports upon direct request from our clients (these including many of the world's most prominent organisations active in the shipping, energy, and commodity trading sectors, plus the financiers, insurers and law firms servicing these markets). On average, we are commissioned to produce 400-500 new Counterparty Risk Appraisal Reports & Ratings per month, plus many bespoke reports and legal investigation reports.
- My company already has an account with Infospectrum, so why do I need to register?
For compliance reasons, every individual user of our services needs to register with us.
- I work in a broking firm/I work for a legal firm, why can’t I have a login for The Databank?
We prefer to service the requests from our broking and legal clients directly via email and telephone. Please contact your account manager, or email email@example.com and we will swiftly revert as appropriate.